The mission of the Purchasing Department is to support all MyMichigan Health subsidiaries in the acquisition of goods and services in a manner that best meets the overall needs of the Health System. This will be achieved through product and process standardization, identification of opportunities for overall cost reductions, negotiations for favorable agreements, and the identification of opportunities for continuous process improvement.
MyMichigan Health Materials Management areas are committed to supporting our subsidiaries in achieving the same systems and cost-effective programs through a sharing of technical expertise, management and a coordinated approach to material needs.
For the purposes of signing contracts, the authorized agents of MyMichigan Health subsidiaries include the Purchasing Agents and Buyers as well as the Purchasing Manager/Supervisor, Contracts Manager, Contracts Analyst, Presidents and Vice-Presidents of the respective organizations. Agreements signed by unauthorized personnel of any MyMichigan Health subsidiary may be deemed invalid.
After purchasing has obtained a return-of-goods authorization, products will be promptly returned.
- MyMichigan Health has a strict “No PO, No Pay” policy. Vendors should not accept an order unless a valid PO number is given. Invoices that do not comply with the guidelines are subject to delay. Regular audits will highlight persistent requester and supplier offenders.
- All invoices must be mailed to:
[insert appropriate subsidiary name here]
Attn: Pay Management
4000 Wellness Drive
Midland, MI 48670
- There can only be one Purchase Order number per invoice.
- There must be an invoice number on all invoices.
- Invoices must be legible and fully scannable. Handwritten invoices are not valid.
- “Remit To” address must be shown and be the same as previously agreed with the Buyer.
- The following invoice details must match the purchase order details:
- Purchase Order Number
- Line item number and description
- Unit of Measure
There will be no cash on delivery payments.
It is the policy of MyMichigan Health to not pay freight charges unless special circumstances exist. Therefore, no freight will be paid unless it is stated on the purchase order.
MyMichigan Health may cancel an order for an item if the expected delivery date is not acceptable. Vendors are required to make immediate notification of backorders.
Vendor/Contractors/Subcontractors are required to conduct business in full compliance with all MyMichigan Health Policies and Regulations as set forth in the Human Resource Policies, Infection Prevention Construction Protocols, HIPAA regulations and Safety rules. These policies include MyMichigan Health vendor/contractor training and orientation (including MyMichigan Health identification badge). In addition, vendor/contractor will follow Infection Control construction protocols as established. These will include maintaining clean work environment while providing active means to prevent airborne dust from dispensing into atmosphere (i.e. use of tented barriers and filtered negative air). Vendor/Contractor must schedule work with department manager where work is being performed. Vendor/Contract will take steps to ensure that they are in and remain in compliance with these rules at all times.