Alpena Development Council
High-quality health care is essential to our communities. The Alpena Development Council enhances MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena’s capabilities and resources through fundraising. The Council turns your financial support into sponsorship of worthwhile projects.
Funding Advanced Care
Your gifts of over $12 million in recent years allow us to deliver superior patient care at MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena. Your donations help us:
- Enhance medical services
- Fund development and renovation projects
- Improve medical technology
- Maintain a healing environment
- Strengthen hospital programs
Recent Council-funded projects include:
- Comfort Care Suite to support friends and family members of patients facing end-of-life experiences
- Construction of a mammography suite
- Construction of the Cancer Center
- Digital mammography machines
- Health care transportation
- ICU, 2nd- and 3rd-floor waiting room upgrades
- New patient TVs
- Outpatient renovation and expansion project
- Patient/family conference room at the Cancer Center
- Renovation of the Emergency Department
- Selective menu program
Make a Difference in Your Community
Whether you are a local business owner, physician, MyMichigan Health employee or a community member, your gift makes it possible for MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena to continue to improve.
Ways to Give to Alpena
Donate to MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena to improve health care in your community. Match your interests and level of support with opportunities such as:
- 1940 Anchor Society – Make an annual donation of $100 or more to become a member
- Aliferis Memorial Race – Remember a well-loved pathologist at MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena and take part in this race to benefit the Alpena Cancer Center, the Dr. Peter Aliferis Memorial Scholarship and advanced technology at the hospital
- Benefactors Circle planned giving – Promise future donations to provide for growth at MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena through charitable giving, life insurance, living trusts, wills, stocks, bonds or real estate
- Business Honor Roll – Pledge an annual company gift to improve community health care
- Memorial and tribute garden – Celebrate or memorialize a loved one with flowers planted in the garden outside the cafeteria
Make a Donation to Alpena
Give to MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena. You can choose the project, service or area of need you want your gift to benefit.
Influence the future quality of health care in the region by contributing to MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena. Get lifetime recognition and membership in the Keystone Society with a donation of $10,000 or more.
Your Keystone Society gift will fund medical equipment and facilities, not hospital operating costs. The MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena Board of Trustees, MyMichigan Health Foundation and Development Council jointly identify the most critical medical technology needs of the hospital.
More than 50 community-minded volunteers dedicate their time and talents through committee volunteer work to benefit MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena. Committees (Annual Support, Business Relations, Community Outreach, Planned Gifts and Special Prospects) within the Council perform specific tasks including:
- Establishing and strengthening relationships between MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena and business organizations
- Increasing annual support and giving
- Organizing and planning special events, community service programs and community relations opportunities
- Providing programs, seminars and education for planned giving
- Recognizing major donors