Facts & Figures
MyMichigan Health is a partnership of health providers, services and facilities in the heart of Michigan. It is a non-profit, tax-exempt health system affiliated with the University of Michigan Health System. As a non-profit, all excess revenues go back into providing care, upgrading services, fairly compensating employees and creating a supportive work environment.
Serving more than 981,000 residents in a 25-county region, MyMichigan Health acts as a parent organization to 12 wholly-owned subsidiaries and has various joint ventures and management contracts. During fiscal year 2021, MyMichigan Health provided $78 million in charity care, community benefits and other uncompensated care.
MyMichigan also contributes significantly to the health of our local economies. As the largest employer in Alma, Alpena, Midland and Ogemaw Counties, and second largest employer in Chippewa and Clare Counties, MyMichigan employees earned more than $546 million in annual wages and benefits in fiscal year 2021.
Systemwide, MyMichigan has:
- More than 8,800 employees, volunteers and physicians and other personnel
- More than 1,200 associated physicians and advance practice providers
- More than 600 volunteers
- Annual gross revenues of approximately $2.5 billion for FY 2021
- Assets valued at nearly $1.9 billion for FY 2021
- 789 hospital and 51 long-term care beds at nine hospitals (additional 15 hospital beds and 48 long-term care beds not affiliated with University of Michigan Health System)
A hallmark of MyMichigan Health is the quality of its medical facilities and campuses, which have been enhanced by the generosity of local foundations and donors.
Learn more about MyMichigan subsidiaries