MyMichigan Health Advisory Council
Role and Responsibilities
The Advisory Council of MyMichigan Health is a representative group of volunteer members who live and work in the regions served by MyMichigan Health. As Advisory Council members they advise health system leaders on issues of interest and concern to the region. Those issues include such topics as perceptions on quality of care, access to health services, unmet needs and opportunities for collaboration.
Advisory Council members are loyal to MyMichigan Health and are committed to our Mission of providing excellent health services to improve the quality of life for people in our communities. Members come from the various constituencies of MyMichigan Health including business, social service agencies, education, health care, the clergy, etc.
The Advisory Council provides a link between MyMichigan Health and our communities. They complement the oversight functions of MyMichigan Health, and they assist MyMichigan Health’s executive staff. Advisory Council members:
Serve as a Link to our Communities
- Act as an ambassador and advocate of MyMichigan Health
- Build strategic support for MyMichigan Health among key community groups and stakeholders
- Connect MyMichigan with grassroots movements within the community
Complement the Work of MyMichigan Health’s Boards of Directors and Administration
- Provide counsel on program development when requested
- Provide input on select operational issues when requested
- Inform MyMichigan Health of community needs and opportunities to improve health status
Assist MyMichigan Health with Organizational Activities, to the extent possible
- Participate in fundraising at a level that is personally comfortable
- Attend community education programs and community events sponsored by MyMichigan
- Attend meetings at the request of administration as an opportunity for MyMichigan Health updates and dialogue
In order to perpetuate the membership, additional members will be recruited from the regions served by MyMichigan. Prospective members are invited to complete an online form requesting membership. These candidates for membership would be reviewed approved by the Governance & Nominating Committee. The MyMichigan Health Board of Directors reserves the right to disapprove and/or remove any member for any reason.