More than 100 Babies Born in West Branch Since MyMichigan Re-opened Maternity Center
Gemma Mae, born April 13 at 4:15 am, was the one hundredth baby to be delivered at MyMichigan Medical Center West Branch since MyMichigan Health brought maternity services back to the community in March of 2021. MyMichigan has also added providers and services in obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, family medicine and internal medicine to help local families receive care close to home.
A baby girl born on April 13 at 4:15 am was the one hundredth baby to be delivered at MyMichigan Medical Center West Branch since MyMichigan brought maternity services back to the community in March of 2021. Her name is Gemma Mae and she weighed 6 pounds and 14 ounces and measured 20.5 inches at birth.
“We were delighted to welcome Gemma Mae into this world and so pleased and proud that we were able to provide this care right here in West Branch so that families no longer have to travel for this service,” said Ray Stover, regional president for MyMichigan Medical Centers in Gladwin and West Branch. “Our purpose is building healthy communities together, and special moments like the birth of a child have driven us to bring more specialists, more services and more advanced technology to our community. We’re also grateful to our community donors for helping us make that happen.”
The Maternity Center at MyMichigan Medical Center West Branch features:
- All private Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum suites, so moms and their support persons may make themselves at home through all stages of care
- A team of dedicated nurses to guide and support the labor and delivery process, including pain management options and breastfeeding support
- In-room amenities like large screen TVs, refrigerators and a sleeping couch for the mother’s support person
- Renovated and newly equipped Cesarean-section delivery suite
- Upgraded nursery with the latest technology for babies
- Advanced tracking system and locked maternity unit for safety and security
- On-site pediatricians to help babies get off to a good start
“Since we joined MyMichigan Health, we’ve been able to recruit more doctors and specialists to our community,” said Katie Adams B.S.N., R.N.C.-O.B., Maternity Unit Nurse Manager. “We now have an on-campus Obstetrics and Gynecology practice providing pregnancy care and delivery, highly-skilled local pediatricians and more family and internal medicine providers to care for patients from birth through all the phases of life.”
Those who would like to learn more about obstetrics and gynecology services available in West Branch call MyMichigan Obstetrics & Gynecology at (989) 343-3762. Readers may also take a virtual tour of the Maternity Center at www.mymichigan.org/maternity/tour.