Bearing Witness: Coping with Grief and Anxiety as a Health Care Professional
Claire Bidwell Smith
Claire Bidwell Smith is a therapist specializing in grief and the author of three books including Anxiety: The Missing Stage of Grief. Led by her own experiences with loss, and fueled by her work in hospice and private practice. Claire strives to provide support for all kinds of people experiencing all kinds of grief. In addition to having given dozens of talks on loss, Claire has written for and been featured in many publications including The New York Times, The Atlantic, The Washington Post, MSNBC, CNN, Oprah Magazine and Psychology Today. She is the host of Lemonada Media's popular podcast New Day.
During her presentation, Claire will outline the complex grief experienced by health care professionals over the last two years, explore the connection between grief and anxiety and identify ideas for individual and collective coping strategies.
- Explore the individual and collective grief we've experienced ove rthe past two years
- Reveal ways to navigate and better underdand how we grieve
- Share effective coping strategies for managing anxiety in uncertain times
Upon completion of this conference participants will be able to:
- Outline the complex grief experienced by healthcare professionals over the past two years
- Explore the connection between grief and anxiety
- Identify ideas for individual and collective coping strategies
5 p.m. - Check-In
5:30 p.m. - Dinner Served
6:30 p.m. - Presentation
8 p.m. - Q&A
8:30 p.m. - Session Wrap-Up