Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program
The MyMichigan Health Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) provides patients with an intensive outpatient therapeutic experience. Patients will discuss their thoughts, feelings and behaviors in the group setting, and will also be educated about various psychological topics, such as grief and loss, stress management, assertiveness, and boundaries, among many others.
Designed to help people cope with life, our services offer intensive help for individuals with a psychiatric diagnosis who need a level of care greater than weekly sessions, but does not require the 24-hour supervised care of an inpatient program.
Patient treatment teams include: psychiatrists, masters-level therapists, nurse practitioners and registered nurses.
Daily outpatient services can address these and other problems:
- Issues of grief and loss, marriage and relationships, family-of-origin, self-esteem, codependency
- Management of depression, anxiety or anger
- Management of medication
- Relaxation techniques
- Communication and coping skills
- Problem solving
The program offers a safe, structured and supportive environment, with:
- Goals designed for each individual
- Confidentiality carefully guarded
- Licensed, experienced and competent therapists, nurses and psychiatrists
- A daily schedule that includes psychotherapeutic group sessions, psychoeducational sessions, and individual or family therapy, as needed.
- Access to a psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner for up to one hour each week for consultation or medication review
- Help in coordinating plans that address the patient's life problems