This comprehensive golf swing analysis begins with a complete musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation consisting of a series of screenings and tests. Each assessment is geared to determine the golfer’s limitations in strength, flexibility, joint motion and balance which may be limiting the efficiency and effectiveness of the golf swing.
- First a physical screening is completed by a physical therapist specially trained in orthopedics and sports rehabilitation.
- Second, using Dartfish™ software technology, slow motion and high definition recording, the golf swing is recorded and analyzed in over 16 different categories of potential swing dysfunction.
- The video analysis can be instantly reviewed with the client in order to immediately identify swing faults and contributing physical limitations.
- This assessment allows individuals to optimize their golf swing form, alleviate pain and joint stress, and achieve optimal golf performance.
- At the conclusion of the session, the physical therapist will provide exercises to address limitations, prevent injury and improve movement dysfunctions.
Dynamic Golf Warm-Up Exercises
Golf Strengthening Exercises
Thoracic and Hip Mobility
Golf Swing Upper Body Exercises
This comprehensive video throwing analysis is facilitated by specially-trained physical therapists who utilize slow-motion video analysis to enhance performance and help athletes prevent injuries. Whether a pitcher is returning from an injury or simply working to refine their mechanics, MyMichigan can assist them in optimizing their form and preparing their body for the field of competition. Each assessment is geared to analyze strength, flexibility, joint motion and balance which may limit the efficiency and effectiveness of the athlete’s throw. Using specialized Dartfish™ software technology, biomechanical patterns and angles are analyzed and measured to provide precise feedback to the athlete and to make recommendations for improvement. The analysis includes slow-motion video analysis, frame-by-frame video analysis, joint angle analysis and multi-angle video throwing analysis.
The video gait analysis program begins a complete musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation of the client where strength, flexibility, joint motion, balance and endurance are fully assessed. After the physical screen the client is recorded walking or running on a treadmill at various incline angles. The video is used to calculate dozens of measurements such as joint angles, foot position and cadence as it is analyzed in slow motion and high definition. This video analysis is performed with the use of Dartfish™ software which allows for instant review with the client through all phases of the gait cycle. This specific individualized assessment allows individuals to optimize their running or walking form to alleviate pain and joint stress and to achieve optimal performance.
This comprehensive analysis begins with a complete musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation and consists of a variety of different screenings and tests. Once a physical screening is completed, additional analysis is performed to determine ways to optimize performance and prevent injury. This session includes a video analysis.
This comprehensive analysis begins with a complete musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation and consists of a variety of different screenings and tests. Once a physical screening is completed, additional analysis is performed to determine ways to optimize performance and prevent injury.
45-Minute Follow-Up Session................................$75
A reassessment is performed on original problem areas from the biomechanical exam to identify progression and remaining areas for improvement. Alterations to home program are also addressed at this time.