Other - Visiting Residents/Medical Students
MyMichigan Health offers elective experiences to students from member institutions of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and other LCME accredited medical schools and international medical schools listed on the California List of Approved schools. Additionally, resident physicians from Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or AOA residency programs may apply.
Our medical communities provide access to sophisticated, advanced health care facilities comparable to many leading academic centers throughout our region.
Who May Apply?
Medical Students and Resident Physicians from AAMC, AOA, LCME or ACGME accredited programs. International Medical Students attending a school listed on the California List of Approved Schools.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing from an AAMC, AOA, LCME accredited medical schools, resident physicians from ACGME or AOA accredited program or an intentional medical school on the California List of Approved Schools.
- Have met prerequisites by completing his or her own school's required clerkship in the elective discipline being requested.
- Students must have passed the United States Medial Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) Step 1.
- Must have complete student learner credentialing and provide required documentation in ACEMAPP.
- Must have/establish affiliation agreement between medical school and MyMichigan Health.
- Must have approval from their medical school to take elective rotations at MyMichigan Health.
- Visiting students/residents must provide proof of medical professional liability in the amount of $1,000,000/$3,000,000.
What is Available?
- Academic year begins July 1st and ends June 30th.
- Applications for next academic year are accepted beginning May 1st.
- Completed applications are due to the Academic Affairs office, no later than 60 days prior, to the started of the requested rotation.
How to Apply?