About MSU/MyMichigan Medical Center Gratiot Family Medicine Residency
Why Choose Us?
We are an unopposed Family Medicine Residency Program. There are no other residents at MyMichigan Medical Center Gratiot, which provides an access to the best hands-on learning opportunities. The intimate size (12:6 Resident to Faculty ratio) of our program allows for tailored training to meet your needs.
The Best of Both Worlds
Our program is housed in a rural community but has access to all of the niceties of major cities. We offer:
- The rural environment provides comprehensive care of a large, underserved population. You will be getting excellent training to become competent in treating patients with more complex conditions and comorbidities.
MyMichigan Health is a training campus for Michigan State University (MSU) and Central Michigan University (CMU) medical programs. This provides an opportunity to develop leadership skills through mentoring and guiding medical students.
- We offer MSU Statewide Campus System (MSU SCS) lectures and conferences in addition to on-site Didactics and have won multiple research awards through the MSU SCS system.
Our program is sponsored by MSU and MyMichigan Health is affiliated with Michigan Medicine a health care system of the University of Michigan. This provides an opportunity to practice in a small community hospital while also having access to large academic centers.
Research: Our Residency program collaborates with both MSU Transdisciplinary Graduate Fellows Program and University of Michigan (U-M) on topics related to rural health medicine.
State-of-the-art Inpatient Pediatric Care and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI.
Cost of Living and Safety
Alma, Michigan is located in the heart of the Lower Peninsula and is close to several large urban communities. Some like to say that we are “urban rural”. You will be living, family friendly community. The county also includes Alma College, a private liberal arts college, with 1,400 students.
- Unopposed residency in a small safe rural hospital
- An innovative Point-Of-Care Ultrasound training program, with an option for completion of an Ultrasound certification.
- A fully certified training program in Lifestyle Medicine.
- Our program gives opportunity to build a solid foundation while allowing for innovation.
- The intimate size allows for tailored training to meet your needs and support from many outstanding faculty.
- Substantial and sustained institutional support from both Michigan State University (MSU) and the University of Michigan through MyMichigan Heath.
- MyMichigan Medical Center Gratiot is the sole hospital in a community with significant socioeconomic diversity. It has a large population of patients with varying, complex illnesses and pathologies.
The program will train high quality compassionate family medicine physicians devoted to serve the rural communities, while addressing the health care needs of our diverse population.
How to Apply
See Applications and Interviews