Located on 225 acres of wooded campus in Midland, Michigan, the 324-bed Medical Center offers a broad range of primary care and specialty care services, as well as 24-hour emergency care and Level II trauma care.
- Serving Midland and surrounding counties since 1944
- 324 licensed beds in all private rooms
- 3,300+ employees, volunteers, physicians and other personnel
- 225 acres of wooded campus with walking trails for patients and visitors
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Operates a 3-year family medicine residency program
- Only hospital in Michigan to offer Gamma Knife Perfexion®, considered the gold standard in brain surgery
MyMichigan Medical Center Midland provides a full range of specialty services including:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Services
- Emergency Care
- Heart and Vascular Services
- Imaging Services
- Infusion Services
- Maternity Services
- Neuroscience Services
- Occupational Health
- Pain Management
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Disorders
- Surgical Services
- Wound Treatment
- 2019 | Top Best Hospitals in Michigan, U.S. News & World Report
- 2019 | Governor’s Award of Excellence, Outstanding Achievement in Effective Reporting and Measurement, Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (MPRO)
- 2018 | Top Best Hospitals in Michigan, U.S. News & World Report
- 2017 | 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, Truven Health Analytics
- 2016| 100 Top Hospitals Everest® Award
- 2016 | 100 Top Hospitals and Everest Award, Truven Health Analytics
- 2020 | Heart and Vascular Center opened
- 2019 | New Orchard Building opened
- 2019 | 75th anniversary
- 2014 | Gerstacker Building opened.
- 2013 | MidMichigan health affiliated with Michigan Medicine (University of Michigan Health System).
- 2011 | $115-million expansion and renovation with all private patient rooms.
- 2010 | Opened 6 new operating rooms, preoperative and recovery areas, surgical patient rooms
- 2007 | First open heart surgery performed
- 2001 | New Emergency Department, double the size of the former ER (27,412 sq ft)
- 1994 | 50th anniversary
- 1986 | New Ambulatory Surgery and Intensive Care Units, expanded Food Service Department
- 1974 | Harlow Building opens. Midland Hospital became Midland Hospital Center.
- 1960-1961 | Pediatrics wing opened. (bringing capacity to 220 beds with 32 bassinets)
- 1953 | New wing with 100 beds (bringing capacity to 165 beds.)
- 1944 | 47-bed hospital with medical, surgical, and obstetrical care opened.
- 1942 | Philip T. Rich, president of the Hospital Association, broke ground for Midland Hospital.
- 1940 | Plans for construction of the hospital were underway. Site donated by Grace A. Dow. Alden B. Dow, Inc., selected as architect.