A comprehensive record of any care, treatment, or testing you received at MyMichigan Medical Center Sault can be found in your medical record. This confidential holding place of your complete medical experience includes a variety of components, including:
- Results of all laboratory tests, x-rays, other diagnostic studies
- Description of treatment received while hospitalized or treated as an inpatient/outpatient
- Physician reports from examinations
- Documentation of surgery, procedures, treatments, and medication
- Observations by nurses and other members of your health care team
Much of the information found in your medical record can be viewed online in your patient portal.
This highly-secure portal contains your health information, including:
- Allergies and Conditions
- Available Allergy and Medication Information
- Discharge Instructions
- Health Summary
- Lab Results
- Medications with Instructions
- Radiology Reports
- Upcoming Visits
- Visit History
To obtain a printed copy of all or part of your medical record, you must provide a written request. Please download and complete a Request Form and then submit it to the Medical Records Department.
If you cannot download and print the form, you may also submit a letter that includes the following:
- Patient’s full name and date of birth (list any other names the patient may have had)
- Name of organization records requested from
- Name and address of organization or person to receive the records
- Purpose and need for disclosure.
- Information being requested (type of report/information, dates of service, etc.)
- Specify authorization’s expiration date if desired
- Patient signature or a patient’s legal representative’s signature (Authorizations signed by a representative must contain a copy of the guardianship papers or personal representative papers.)
- Date of the signature
- Witness verification of person signing
Requests for medical records may be mailed or faxed to:
MyMichigan Medical Center Sault
Attn: Medical Records Department
500 Osborn Boulevard
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Fax: (906) 635-4422
Records will be sent through the U.S. mail. Records for medical emergencies will be faxed directly to a physician or medical facility. Our average turnaround time for processing requests is approximately 10 – 14 days; by law, however, we have 30 days to complete release of information requests.
In the interest of patient confidentiality, the Medical Records department is not able to give out any medical information over the telephone.
An authorization is not needed to send copies of records to the physician overseeing your care while in the hospital, your family physician of record, and/or the physician who ordered outpatient testing.
There is no charge if you wish to have a copy of your record supplied directly to a physician or healthcare facility.
If you wish to have your medical record picked up and if the person picking up your medical records was not listed in the original authorization, provide an addendum (letter) with the date and your signature authorizing the designated person to pick up the records. Anyone picking up medical records will be asked to show a government-issued form of ID before the records will be released.
A reasonable fee shall be charged to defer costs. Postage fees will also be additional. Copies will be provided at no charge for patient care requests.
- $1.08 per page for pages 1-20
- $0.54 per pages 21-50
- $0.22 per page 51 and up
- $2.00 per microfilm page