MyMichigan Medical Center Sault is a 49-bed hospital located in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan and specializing in high-quality rural medicine.
- Serving Eastern Upper Peninsula for more than 100 years
- 49 licensed beds, all private rooms
- 900+ employees, volunteers, health care providers and other personnel
- Accredited by Det Norske Veritas Healthcare (DNV)
- ISO 9001 Certified
- Affiliated with the University of Michigan Health
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Care
- Emergency Department
- Imaging - CT, MRI, PET, 3D mammography, X-Ray
- Long Term Care
- Maternity Services
- Pain Management
- Pediatric Care
- Rehabilitation Services - physical, occupational, speech and audiology therapy and inpatient unit for complex conditions such as stroke
- Sleep Medicine
- Surgical Services
- Urgent Care
- Wound Treatment Center
Just a few of the advanced technologies available at MyMichigan Medical Center Sault include:
- 1.5 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 80-Slice Computed Tomography (CT)
- 3D Mammography/3D Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guided Vacuum Assisted Breast Biopsy
- Digital X-ray
- Mobile PET Scanner
- Da Vinci Robot
- CORI Surgical Robot
- 2021 | Top 100 Rural and Community Hospital
- 2021 | NOSORH Performance Leadership Award for Top Quartile performance in Outcomes
- 2018 | Top 100 Rural and Community Hospital
- 2018 | Top 20 Rural and Community Hospital
- 2018 | NOSORH Performance Leadership Award
- 2017 | Top 100 Rural and Community Hospital
- 2017 | Top 20 Rural and Community Hospital
- 2022 | War Memorial Hospital joined MyMichigan Health as its 10th subsidiary updating and was renamed MyMichigan Medical Center Sault.
- 2019 | Became a Trauma Level III Medical Center
- 2016 | Da Vinci Robot was purchased, making War Memorial Hospital first hospital in the Eastern Upper Peninsula to have a robot.
- 2014 | A state of the art Emergency Department was completed. Allowing for 18 private rooms including two trauma bays.
- 2010 | The Medical Office Building was built. The 40,000 square foot building provided additional office space as well as onsite X-ray.
- 2009 | The Road to Recovery Program started. This free transportation programs is for community members in need of transportation to Petoskey for radiation treatment.
- 2009 | Radiology department added a new suite providing updated equipment.
- 2008 | A new state of the art Rehabilitation Center opens; housing physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, athletic training services and wound care.
- 2007 | WMH Behavioral Health Center opens in nearby Kincheloe, Michigan.
- 1989 | The oldest section of the hospital was razed.
- 1988 | New Patient Tower completed and opens.
- 1987 | Ground breaking for a $17 million new patient tower was held on April 16th.
- 1985 | Hospital ownership was changed from a county-owned facility to a non-profit corporation.
- 1971 | 200,000th patient was admitted to the hospital.
- 1970 | The Auxiliary raised funds to purchase a portable electrocardiograph for $3,000.
- 1963 | The 2,000th baby was born at War Memorial Hospital.
- 1956 | A new wing with 40 beds was added to the hospital.
- 1942 | The Visitors Desk was started by the Hospital Auxiliary
- 1936 | The IMO Folkner Annex was built and named after the hospital board chairman. The Annex top floor or 2nd floor provided a new Obstetrics Department which increased care of babies from 14 to 25 and provided a new labor room and new delivery room.
- 1924 | The original hospital building was completed and the doors opened on February 28th.
- 1923 | The piece of property at 500 Osborn Boulevard was obtained and the hospital was dedicated to soldiers who served during the Civil, Spanish American and World Wars.
- 1916 | Voters in the County approved financing for a new hospital.
- 1905 | The Manito hotel was leased by Chase S. Osborn and William Chandler and opened as The Sault General Hospital. The is where the hospital remained until 1923.
- 1903 | The first Hospital Association was incorporated with six Auxiliary members.
- 1896 | A group of five doctors pooled their resources and constructed a hospital located at 311 Dawson Street naming the new hospital, Sault Ste. Marie General Hospital.
- 1892 | The hospital was moved to the military fort located where Lake Superior State University now sits.
- 1822 | Col. Hugh Brady brought his solders and settled on the banks of St. Maries River. He proceeded to build the second hospital in the State of Michigan in this location.