Providing Compassionate End-of Life Care
MyMichigan Home Care's Woodland Hospice House is a beautiful 8 bed facility focused on privacy, tranquility and individualized care. At Woodland Hospice House our home-like environment provides an alternative living location for short term respite stays or as a long term living location. Our on-site staff provides, 24 hours per day/7 days per week care.
Your Home Away from Home
Woodland Hospice House is located on a beautiful wooded parcel of land west of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan that offers a peaceful environment in a homelike setting. The Hospice House has eight suites that focus on privacy, comfort, and individualized care to honor you and your family’s wishes during the last phases of life.
Hospice House Features
- A private 400-square-foot suite with French doors, a patio, private bathroom, and fold out sofa for family members to stay with their
- loved one
- A cozy family room with a fireplace, grand piano, and space for gathering
- with family and friends
- A welcoming Family Café to cook home-style meals and celebrate special occasions
- A peaceful meditation chapel for quiet reflection
- A hydrotherapy tub for relaxation
- A high quality of care with kindness and respect
- Nursing care and support services
- Around-the-clock nursing and hospice aide support to meet individualized needs, including the ability to provide complete care or just minimal
- Supervision and assistance depending on the patient’s needs
A Stay at Hospice House also includes
- Full housekeeping services and laundry
- Satellite TV and wireless internet
- All meals and snacks
We Offer Individualized Care
Woodland Hospice House strives to meet the individual needs of each patient, and therefore provides two types of care at the Hospice House.
Respite (when you just need a break)
Should a caregiver need a short time of rest or relief, a patient that is receiving hospice care from MyMichigan Home Care & Hospice may be admitted to Hospice House for what is known as respite care. A client may be admitted for up to five (5) days during a respite stay.
Residential (When you need a "home away from home")
For patients choosing to live at Hospice House there is a daily room and board charge.
This covers 24-hour nursing care and all amenities.
Care, Support, Guidance...Choices
You Have a Choice
Hospice House offers an alternative to home-based hospice care when individuals are no longer able or desire to remain in their own homes.
Registered nurses and hospice aide services are onsite 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
Hospice House Works As An
- Alternative for those with an elderly or frail caregiver
- Option for those living alone with no primary caregiver
- Opportunity for respite stays to relieve family members for short periods of time
- Additional support resource in the final weeks of life or as symptoms become too complex to manage in the family home
Admission to Hospice House
The Hospice House accepts qualifying patients enrolled in the services of MyMichigan Home Care who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness, have exhausted curative treatment, and have a prognosis of less than six months. Admission to the Hospice House is based on availability of rooms and is prioritized based on client need.
We encourage you to call to schedule a tour and discuss whether Woodland Hospice House is a good option for you or your loved one.
MyMichigan Home Care also offers other Hospice Care services.