Wireless Internet Access
Most MyMichigan Health facilities offer free wireless Internet access for guests to browse websites, check e-mail, or perform other basic Internet tasks. Visitors may bring their own laptop computers, smart phones and other WiFi-capable devices to connect to the visitor network. The SSID (network name) is MyMichigan Visitor.
The MyMichigan Visitor Network is unsecured – please use it at your own risk. MyMichigan does not provide help desk support, wireless network cards or other devices to use on the Visitor Network. This network is compatible with wireless standard IEEE 802.11a/g, although some hardware or software may not be supported.
How to Connect
- Once you are in one of our wireless access locations, check to make sure your wireless network software and card are properly installed and functioning.
- Follow the instructions provided with your wireless device to automatically detect our wireless network, or manually direct your device to the network using the SSID (network name) listed above.
- Once you have connected, open your web browser and connect to a Web page on the Internet (as a suggestion, try http://www.mymichigan.org).
While MyMichigan does not provide help desk support for the Visitor Wireless Network, here are some things to check if you're having difficulty:
- Make sure you're in a location where the Visitor Network is available.
- Make sure you're connecting to the correct network. The name of the network should match the SSID (network name) listed above.
Note: Wireless software terms for SSID may vary; ESSID, Network Name, Wireless Network Name, and Network Identifier are all terms for SSID.
- Make sure that WEP Encryption (other terms used: Secured Network, Security) is DISABLED or OFF.
- If you're able to use your Web browser software to connect to Internet web pages (for example, http://www.mymichigan.org, http://www.yahoo.com), but cannot use other software (for example, your corporate VPN software), it may be that the MyMichigan Visitor Network does not support the other software. The MyMichigan Visitor Network is designed to provide basic Internet access for Web browsing and email access, but may not be able to meet all needs for everyone.
- If all else fails, please contact whoever normally helps you with computer problems for assistance.