Staff with Advanced Training
MyMichigan's staff members are committed to improving their skills. Many of our employees have advanced training in disciplines ranging from neurology to oncology and from emergency care to diabetes. MyMichigan has one or more of the following:
- Critical care nurses certified by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Perioperative nurses (CNOR) certified by American Operating Room Nurses (AORN) through the American Nurses Association (ANA)
- PeriAnesthesia nurses certified by American Association of PeriAnesthesia Nures (ASPAN).
- Registered nurses certified (RN, C) in obstetrics, newborns, breastfeeding and fetal monitoring
- Registered nurses with obstetrics certification including fetal monitoring through the Association of Women's Health, Obstetrics & Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Registered nurses with advanced training in lactation support (AALP)
- Registered nurses certified in neonatal resuscitation by the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Certified emergency nurses (CEN)
- Trauma nurses (TNCC)
- Neuroscience registered nurses (CNRN) certified by the American Board of Neuroscience Nursing
- Psychiatric nurses certified by the ANA
- Oncology certified nurses (OCN) certified by the ANA
- Multiple sclerosis nurses certified by the Multiple Sclerosis Nurses International Certification Board (MSNICB)
- Certified Nurse Breast Navigator by the National Consortium of Breast Centers
- Certified infection control nurses (CBIC)
- Nurses certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric and OB nurses certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Emergency department nurses certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Certified hospice and palliative care nurse (CHPN)
- Certified wound ostomy and continence nurse (WOCN)
- Registered nurses with advanced training in cardiac recovery, intravenous therapy and wound and ostomy care
- Master's and Advanced Master's degree trained Physical Therapists licensed by the State of Michigan and verifiable online through the Department of Community Health.
- Physical therapists trained in lymphydema care
- Occupational Therapists registered by the State of Michigan and verifiable online.
- Occupational therapists certified in splint making
- Master's trained speech therapist with Certificate of Clinical Competency (ASHA)
- Athletic trainers certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
- Exercise Specialists® qualified by the American College Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- Pilates Mat Instructor certified by the Professional Health & Fitness Institute (ProHealth).
Nutrition & Diabetes
- Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) through the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators
- Certified specialist in pediatric nutrition (CSP) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified nutrition support dietitian through the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN)
- Certified lactation educators (CLE) credentialed by the Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA) as well as lactation consultants (IBCLC) credentialed by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
- Registered mammography technologists certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Professional fitting consultants for post-mastectomy breast forms and fashions
Here are a few additional examples of advanced staff education and training:
- We have several pharmacists who have a doctorate of pharmacy, also known as a PharmD, the highest pharmacology degree available. Plus, we have a pharmacist who is board certified in pharmaceutical care by the American College of Clinical Pharmacology (ACCP) and a pharmacist certified as an anticoagulation care provider (CACP) through the Anticoagulation Forum.
- All of our nurses and dietitians at the Diabetes Center are either certified or in the process of being certified as diabetes educators (CDE). This certification through the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators, (NCBDE), is a voluntary testing program that assesses a qualified health care professional's knowledge in diabetes education. Re-certification is required every 5 years.